If you are looking for a high energy startup culture and want to come to work every day to change the world of marketing, then QuickPivot is the place to be.
QuickPivot is the premier Customer Data Platform (CDP) for multi-channel retailers. Our technology delivers end-to-end functionality and removes technology complexity, enabling marketers to know, target and engage customers in timely, personalized interactions that increases customers’ LTV. The QuickPivot CDP is backed up by a Services team laser-focused on one thing: client success.
Winner of several industry innovation awards, the QuickPivot platform enables marketers to deliver coordinated customer experiences across all channels, measure results in real-time, and refine marketing programs to improve results. As brands look for cost-effective ways to drive rapid campaign creation and execution, QuickPivot is emerging as the vendor of choice. That’s why clients like Orvis, Annie Selkie, Allen Edmonds, the NHL, and over 20 channel partners are turning to QuickPivot.
As the Director of AWS Cloud Engineering you will provide critical design and leadership guidance to the development team of a new software product aimed at streamlining the creation of a Marketing Database for mid-market retail clients. You should be someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise (Cloud, SaaS) and management responsibility. You will guide, mentor and motivate them to deliver the best work they can do. You will act as a liaison between your team and Senior Management, Product Management, Project Management, Cloud Platform teams, etc.
The position will be responsible for the engineering team’s development of tools, orchestration and processes which automate and secure the QuickPivot cloud infrastructure. The position will track their team’s efficiency and quality of work product, and regularly adjust processes and timelines to ensure that high quality is maintained. The ideal candidate will have a strong leadership skills, a mix of software development and automation, cloud experience and security principles, and be a knowledgeable, hands-on, collaborative, and energetic individual
- Play a hands-on Technical Lead role who will be very familiar with the technical work design and development of the features and be able to get involved at the development and code level as required
- Excel at getting the team to focus on the highest-impact projects
- Lead technical discussions and drive effective technical decisions covering their area of responsibility
- Embed security principles into standard operating procedures such as change management, privileged access, and system lifecycle management
- Design, engineer, implement Infrastructure As Code with API first and microservices based approach for public cloud service
- Review current processes and identify opportunities for automation and build common frameworks in agile manner that foster adoption of automation across all layers
- Manage and mentor a highly skilled, talented team of Cloud Engineers
- Scales themselves by delegating effectively, ensuring tasks are completed as specified.
- Focused on and responsible for the team’s productivity and collective impact
- Meet regularly with their direct reports, provide frequent feedback on their work, help the individuals set goals to ensure employee growth and retention goals
- Contribute to the team’s continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines (CI/CD)
- Design and build cloud infrastructure RESTful APIs in python using behavior driven development methodology
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor
- Plan and support career development
- Works cross-functionally with other teams to surface common pain points, architect solutions, establish conventions and evangelize application development and operations best practices
- Partner effectively with product to manage scope and deliverables of the product roadmap
- Preferably 5 or more years of software development with a focus on TDD and agile methodologies
- Preferably 5 or more years of team management experience and coordinating activities of project teams
- Capable of technical deep dives into code, networking, operating systems, and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold your own in a strategy discussion with leadership team
- Knowledge of software configuration management
- Knowledge of AWS is required (2+ years hands-on experience is must)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, and virtualization is preferred
- Good social, oral and written communication skills are preferred
- Self-starter with strong partnership abilities and customer service skills is preferred
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and determine resource requirements
- Strong familiarity with prevailing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies and methodologies
- Experience with design & architecture using modern design patterns in a cloud environment, especially with the AWS API
- Experience with cloud models such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and the security implications and requisite control frameworks
- Familiarity with security best practices is desirable, such as least privilege, defense in depth, and attack surface analysis
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack SAAS solutions
- Experience with cloud native application development with APIs, microservices, service mesh concepts etc
- Experience building, developing and deploying products and services to production using DevOps principles like continuous build, integration and delivery, test-driven development and build/test/release automation
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 8+ years of industry experience, of which 2+ years is in Engineering Management
Join our Burlington-based team on our mission to empower marketers to build customer journeys that help them find, win, manage, and retain customers across channels.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, notional origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.